The Zongo and Inner City Development Secretariat has presented a citation to Dr. Shekira Yahaya for sweeping 7 medical student awards as she graduated from University of Development Studies (UDS).
Presenting the citation, the Presidential Coordinator of the Zongo and Inner City Development said the gesture has become necessary to celebrate and honour Dr. Shekira’s outstanding achievements in her academic feat, while describing her as an inspiration and hope for girls in the Zongo communities across the country.
Dr. Yahaya who graduated as a medical doctor at the University of Development Studies last months received 7 prestigious awards, as follows:
1. Best Overall Medical Student
2. Mr. Poku Prize for Best Medical Student in Paediatrics and Child Health
3. Ghana Medical Association Award for Overall Best Medical Student
4. Vice Chancellor Award for Best Student in MBChB
5. Dean’s Award for Overall Best Graduating Medical Student
6. Dr. Sory Prize for Best All-round Graduating Medical Student
7. Registrar’s Award for Best Student in MBChB
The Hon took to his yesterday Facebook page to write,
“On Thursday, 12th October, 2021, I invited Dr. Shekira Yahaya and her parents to my office to honor and celebrate her for her outstanding academic feat. I presented a Citation of Honor to celebrate her for her achievements and immortalize her endeavors thus far”.
“Being the overall best Medical Student at the University of Development Studies is an inspiration to the girl child and the younger generation. Dr. Shekira has thus become a role model to many others aspiring to academic greatness”.
This inspiration, I believe will help raise many self-motivated youth to go for excellence in their chosen fields. I will urge the girl child and the young ladies in Zongo to emulate”.
I also assured her and the parents of government’s commitment to assist her in her further studies in any chosen field”.